Sunday, April 5, 2009

sigh

Sigh. Just when I was starting to feel happy, less stressed and maybe even thinking that this pregnancy might work...I start to bleed. Ok-spot. But it was red. Not a lot. But really...any blood is too much for a woman who is pregnant and wants to be. It was enough to bring me down from my cloud, make me cry a little and do way too much consulting with Dr. Google. Luckily, it seems to have subsided. I can't even call my trusty nurse at the RE's office...sniff. I was not ready to cut that cord.

 I made myself feel better with a little help from Isabella Rossellini and her web series called "Green P.orno" on the sundancechannel. It's all about bugs and sea creatures and their copulation practices. Check it out.

Goodnight and good vibes to all the pregnant women out there with doubts and worries.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, you know that IVF pregnancies usually spot. Not just some of the time, but USUALLY. It just means that your uterus is a nice, comfy, bloody place for little one to live in. That's it.

    Good vibes right back at you. Hang in there, sweet lady. I really think this one is going to be ok.

    And now I'm off to check out the copulation practices of bugs, because I LOVE THE INTERNETS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about a week behind you, and also had red spotting. My dr. offered to do an early ultrasound and showed me some good-looking sacs in there. He also reassured me that sometimes red spotting is not bad news--(and then he put me on bed rest for 3 days, which made it even harder not to obsess over everything I can find via google.) But he made me feel better. Hang in there! Take it one day at a time until you can get more concrete information. It's not over 'til it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the spotting. I agree, any blood is too much, when you are worried. But, it is quite common. If there is no cramping with it, that is hopeful.

    I totally was wishing I could call my Nurse at the RE today!

    I saw a cool interview with I. R. about that show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you something on my blog.... :)

    ReplyDelete