Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yah, right

According to the American Pregnancy Association, by the 26th week* "If you have been watching your weight throughout your pregnancy and have been sticking to a balanced diet, your weight gain should be between 16 and 22 pounds."

Watching my weight while pregnant? Um...ok, whatever....that sounds like 'dieting' to me, which is an obvious no-no. Yah, and the balanced diet? Well, actually, it's much more balanced than it ever was before...I was more of a bird-like eater, to be honest (and did I mention I used to be a vegetarian?). Now every night I go through what I have eaten to see what baby is lacking. 3 veggies, two servings of fruit...enough calcium? Tonight I found myself eating leftover taco meat b/c I hadn't had enough protein. I wasn't hungry, just eating for baby. Remind me not to go back to this site!

*I'm at week 25, but I was looking ahead...and technically, I'm now IN my 26th week. And my weight gain? Thirty pounds, people. Too bad I can't blame it on all the vitamin C.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my very recent positive!

    I have to say, I didn't gain much with my daughter (now ten) but I was young and fit. After my last IVF I had gained 12 pounds by the end of the first trimester, and after I miscarried it took forever to even begin to lose anything. It's just part of the IVF package - but nothing some stroller-jogging won't take care of later!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, my comment just got lost.
    Anyway, if you were a bird-type eater, I bet your body was like "gain weigh for baby now!" I was close to overweight when I got P. And so my body has been slow-going it with the weight gain.(until now)
    Good luck with the ph tests. I had the wet undies yesterday. A bit scary.

    ReplyDelete