Tuesday, September 22, 2009

by Sunday

"I predict you'll have this baby by Sunday." These are the words of my ob/gyn, folks.

The bleeding? Cervix. Got confirmation by ultrasound that baby is still active, there is lots of fluid and nothing unholy is bleeding.

Speaking of the cervix, it's still 3cm dilated and now 85% effaced.

What about the lungs? "Baby will be fine. Maybe some time in the NICU, but baby will be fine." says the doc to the anxious mom.

How big is baby? Six pounds give or take 15%. My math says that's a range from just over 5 pounds to just under 7. Guess that's not bad for 35 weeks and 3 days...

I've heard twice now that the birth will be fast and easy...(insert your bad high school joke here). I was tempted to ask if there was a guarantee on that claim.

To sum it all up, baby's ready but mommy's not...guess I see now who's running this show.

1 comment: